Friday, May 8, 2009

Debbie's Banana Dessert

No, I have no idea who Debbie is. But I thank her for making this super duper banana pudding dessert. My Nanny gave me a cookbook for 2006 Christmas which was compiled by a bunch of ladies from her church. She lives in a pretty small town in Central Texas which happens to have a very large population of German-Texans. With names like Koepp, Bierstedt, Tschoepe and of course Schmidt......you can't go wrong with these ladies recipes.


2 boxes vanilla wafers
1 stick butter, melted
2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3 (8 oz) containers of whipped topping
1 large pkg instant vanilla pudding mix (prepare according to directions)
1 bunch of bananas - (I use 4 bananas)

Crush 1 box of vanilla wafers & mix with the cup of melted butter - press this mixture into a 13x9 pan. Blend cream cheese, powdered sugar & add 1.5 containers of whipped topping - spread this mixture over crust. Cut up 3-4 bananas in round slices and place side-by-side over this layer. Layer prepared instant pudding next. Top with remaining whipped topping. Crush 1/2 the other box of vanilla wafers and sprinkle on top & line the sides of the dish with the remaining whole wafers. Refridgerate.

I've made Debbie's Banana Dessert on a few different occasions so I decided to share it with you. I made the latest batch last weekend for the Schmidt Jrs' Annual Crawfish Boil. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it before I put it out. So I put it out on the table, turned around to grab my camera and this is all that was left in that minute of time, I'm not kidding.

No comments: