Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why?

Whenever I hear a sad story about loss, I tend to wonder why. Why would a God as great as ours allow these tragic losses to happen to good people? Then I realize that it's not in my mind's capacity to understand why God does the things he does. His plan is so far beyond my comprehension that I couldn't even begin to question it. All I can do it cry and hope that he brings me, and everyone else who feels the same way, some sort of comfort.

I read a blog today and wept uncontrollably. Even now, 2 hours after reading it, I'm still crying just thinking about it. The family had a beautiful 10 month old daughter, named Cora. After repeated ear infections, a doctor's visit revealed something alarming, she had stage 4 cancer. 2 weeks later, she was gone. It all happened that quickly.

Of course, I couldn't help but think about my own little girl and how blessed we are to have her in our lives. Everything can change in a heartbeat.....everything. I can't even begin to imagine my life without her and I feel awful for this family because they have to go on without their little princess. I don't even know this family yet my heart aches for them. And I know this is just one family's account, a blog that I just happened to hear about. It kills me to think of all the other families going through similar paths but I feel so incredibly blessed that we aren't one of those families. So blessed that I don't think I could ever put into words my gratitude towards God for His blessings.....but I can try.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh that is so horrible. We truly are blessed. I try really hard not to take one day for granted, even the days when I'm going on little sleep and dealing with a fussy baby because you are right it can all be taken away.